Saturday, May 5, 2007

And So It Begins....

On Thursday, May 3, we signed the final construction agreement and got our final cost to build from the builder. We are offically locked in to this whole deal! Woo hoo! The next morning I received a fax from the builder's right hand lady, Irene, with specific instructions on what I need to get started on. She wasn't messing around! She made an appointment for us to go and pick out all of our plumbing fixtures today at 9:00. So today Brandon and I picked out our faucets, bathtubs and showers. The sinks will be picked out with the countertops because they're all one piece. I know nobody cares about this, but I'm going to post some pictures for my reference, that way I won't forget what I picked. And some of you might care, who knows? I just want to document as much of this as I can so I can remember it later!

This is some brick I saw today when we ate lunch in Amish Country that I really like. Thought I'd take a picture for later when I pick my own out!



All of our bathroom faucets, etc. are going to be in stainless finish. Some of these pictures are of chrome, but they're all going to be stainless. The stainless is sort of a 'brushed' look that I really like. This is the faucet and handheld shower that is on the whirlpool tub in the master bathroom. It has jets and a heater so the water never gets cold!
This goes in the shower in the master bathroom. We got the 'rain' type head. Brandon's always wanted one of those.
This is the faucet that's going in the master bath. There are 2 sinks so obviously we'll have 2 of these.
This is the faucet for the half bath off the kitchen. Again, stainless, not chrome.
This is the faucet going in the kitchen.
This is the faucet that is going in the laundry room sink. The faucet comes out like a hose for easy cleaning, etc.
The commode. :-) It's a tall one and Brandon liked that. It will be in white.

The only thing I really didn't take a picture of was the tub. But it's cool, let me tell you. Everyone was stressing out about making all these decisions, but truthfully today was fun. Next up is picking the brick, stone and shingles. After that is the cabinets and countertops. Should be fun!

No comments: